Saturday, May 22, 2010

Roebling Road


The first street car I ever drove was a 1964 Fastback when I was 14 yrs old so Mustangs and I are coming full circle. Can’t wait to drive this ‘Stang!

Zach and Bob Lutz, John Eversley and I are headed to Roebling Road outside Savannah this weekend (May 22-23) for some seat time in the #33 Mustang. We created this an opportunity for me to learn as much about the FR500S Mustang as possible prior to the season beginning for me at Lime Rock May 28-29. It is also a warm up for us to work as a team. Racing is a team sport and we expect this team to rock!

This is a NASA event, so it is an opportunity to bring my NASA membership and license current. We decided to only do the Time Trials rather than the race. Our focus is to learn the car and bring the team together. We’ll be racing hard at Lime Rock and beyond so we aren’t doing the NASA race.

Data acquisition, learning the car and coaching from Zach are the orders of the day. It's going to be a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment